Kearney Holiday Inn Convention Center
Monday, September 29, 2014
Registration Starts at 7:30am & Conference Begins at 8:30am
from the writing team of NCTM’s
From Principles to Action
Steven Leinwand, American Institutes for Research
Daniel J. Brahier, Bowling Green State University
Conference attendees will receive a copy of the book.
Breakout Sessions Topics Include:
Student Engagement & Motivation, Effective Practices in Teaching Mathematics,
Mastering Basic Facts, High Leverage Instructional Strategies,
Mathematical Modeling, Connecting Mathematics to Media,
Connections between Math & Science, Computer Programming
Current conference program will be available on the NATM Website in September.
The mission of the Nebraska Association of Teachers of Mathematics is to enhance the teaching and learning of mathematics by fostering professionalism, cultivating leadership and facilitating communication among educators.
Encourage and promote professionalism among math teachers wherein math teachers realize that they are an important part of education and should be proud to be teachers.
Encourage math education in the areas of content and instruction by working in conjunction with NCTM (National Council of Teachers of Mathematics).
Develop a cohesive link between various levels of math education (elementary, middle school, junior hight, high school, and college) through communication, resources, networking, curriculum development, and outreach programs.
What can NATM do for you?
- Annual state conference
- An executive board of math people elected by you who represent elementary, secondary, and college-level mathematics
- Supports Expanding Your Horizons conferences and JUMP program
- Pre-Professionals Conference
- Newsletter 3 times per year with activities and resources
- Website to renew memberships or register for conferences
- Recognition awards: Donald W. Miller Distinguished Service Award, Milton M.
Beckmann Lifetime Achievement Award, Rookie of the Year Award